Wise Solomon and Lucky Penny

Who wouldn't want to be up to date on the cutest babies ever?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Purple Haze

Here is evidence of a Mommy done lost her mind. I sewed these shorts and fixed up the shirt to match. Doesn't sound nutty? I'm about to sew myself a pair of shorts to match. Look for us in public places where dork families congregate: Holidomes, Cedar Point, country craft boutiques. As you can see, tummy time is tolerated more and more. Not only can Solomon usually roll to get out of it, but he's so strong at holding up his head that he doesn't have to stare at his hands or grind his face into the floor. It's easy for me to neglect tummy time because it requires more of my attention. Now it's on my goal list to make sure it happens every day. Other things going on: Solomon is not so much sleeping as well as previously. We went to see the pediatrician about it and now have some ideas. The doctor was quite attentive, asking about our sleep goals and tailoring her advice to meet those goals, a welcome change from the family practitioner who had few answers. The bad news is that a) any changes will take about three weeks to take effect and b) if we want him to sleep all night, we have to let him cry. A lot. In the end the doctor and I agreed that waiting until he is six months old is reasonable for getting through all night. Which will still involve some crying as part of the training, my crying, likely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save that stylish purple fabric:

1. The Ft. Recovery Seniors might want it for thier senior shirts next year

2. Grandma needs a new pair of "Granny" slacks to trump her flashy blue ones.

3. and Im sure Scott would love a new pair of purple shorts to add to his plaid short collection

The Kellers say HI!!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering who abducted my sister-in-law and replaced her with this crazed mommy!!! I laughed out loud about the shorts.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD, Learn how to spell!!!!
Grandpa T

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home