Wise Solomon and Lucky Penny

Who wouldn't want to be up to date on the cutest babies ever?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Catch (some z's) As Catch Can

Solomon was waiting for me in the shower. It started out that I was just brushing my teeth, so I laid him down on Daddy’s robe. He seemed not to mind, so I covered him with my shirt (which used to be my dad’s) and jumped in the shower. Solomon looked around, apparently content to just hang out. He fell asleep while I was drying my hair, so I started to clean out the drawers in the bathroom. I had all of the stuff out of the drawers when he stirred, no longer satisfied with being on the ground alone. The drawer got finished eight hours later. It’s a good thing I wasn’t cleaning the refrigerator.
This is Solomon sleeping immediately (I mean, I didn’t even get him off of the pad) after a diapy change. We’d been playing on the floor during open air time (no diapy) and I thoroughly expected him to fall asleep in the sun, as has been his habit. Since Solomon seemed wholly uninterested in sleeping after about 20 minutes, I decided to put a diapy on him and get him dressed for the day. Then he zonked out. I let him be and started a short project in the nursery, but his nap only lasted five minutes. About 30 sample packs of baby products are now on the floor until Solomon falls asleep again and I can organize them.
After Solomon’s late morning meal, I thought we’d run some errands. I had him strapped in his car (his word for car seat) by the door while I ran out to get my car from the garage. When I came back inside, he was snoozing. I have to work tonight and thought I could use a nap myself. So I moved his car over by the couch and shut my own eyes. I couldn't fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home