Wise Solomon and Lucky Penny

Who wouldn't want to be up to date on the cutest babies ever?

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Overbusy

Solomon and his Ma seem to be a tad busy. Evidence: fewer photos and blog entries. It's not just that. Some of the issue is that the photos seems to be the same: Here's Solomon with a toy. Grinning. Naked. Wearing something cute. I don't know how it was that I seemed to have more time when Solomon was less independent. He's pretty skilled at playing on his own for several minutes now, but I'm pressed to even fix myself a lunch. There are only so many days that one can have two slices of mesquite smoked deli turkey wrapped around a slice of Tilamook cheddar, without feeling like a slacker. I actually bought a crock pot to cook my dinners for me. I think part of my time management struggle is that Solomon sleeps less during the day, and one of those naps I often take with him. Which brings me to another time-robber: The Boy is more fun and I can't resist playing with him. Throw in three 4-midnight shifts and there's not a lot left. I'm told that my expectations for myself are slightly elevated. I'm noticing that I have increased irritability. This is usually one of the symptoms about which I ask the patients in the Emergency Room, and identifying it in myself is a bit embarrassing. But I digress. This is merely the justification for what I'm about to do/not do. My experiment for the next few weeks will be to post photos occasionally, but not so often and with minimal captioning. It occurs to me that I'm saying this here for my own benefit. Whatev.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll come up to visit and take The Boy for a bit for you and also give you a different photo op. You and Scott plan a "thing" together and get away for a few hours.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was just me!! I'm so stinkin' busy and tired, I'm not quite sure what I do. ie. when was the last time my kid had a bath? ummmmmmm.
Mobility is a fun stage, but requires infinately more house cleaning. Maybe that's what I do.
ps. thank goodness for bf-ing, huh... you look great in those jeans.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was just me!! I'm so stinkin' busy and tired, I'm not quite sure what I do. ie. when was the last time my kid had a bath? ummmmmmm.
Mobility is a fun stage, but requires infinitely more house cleaning. Maybe that's what I do.
ps. thank goodness for bf-ing, huh... you look great in those jeans.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Solo's Ma said...

Christen - Thanks for the support/comiserating.

Nany - What if what I really want is a nap?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home